Affordable Ad Rates

Affordable Ad Rates
Email ufoma2toyin@gmail.com

Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Thoughts From A 21 Year Old Tanzanian Farmer

Sirjeff Dennis is a 21 year old agric-entrepreneur from Tanzania. At age 17 he started a poultry business, Jefren Agrifriend Solutions (JAS) and 4 years after, his company is producing 2,000 chickens a month. Read the full story here.

Last year, Dennis was named one of the 12 finalists of the Anzisha Prize, Africa’s premier award for young entrepreneurs. He shared some of his thoughts in a recent interview. Read below:

Dennis believes his being successful is linked to his decision to take his future into his own hands.
He said: “I own me, and so whatever happens I only have myself to blame. I don’t like complaining that the government is not doing enough or that I came from a poor background and have to live a certain way. No, I own me. I am the person who is responsible to change everything for me. So I think it is all within my hands and I don’t depend on anyone else.”

He advises other young Africans to consider farming as a career, not just because it’s important for the continent’s food security and solving unemployment, but because it can also be a profitable business. “I want to change the mindset that agriculture is only for those that do not have an education, because it is not. Agriculture is for anyone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment