Affordable Ad Rates

Affordable Ad Rates
Email ufoma2toyin@gmail.com

Thursday, 11 February 2016

9jaflave Soliloquy - The Power Of A Parent

Nick Vujicic is an Australian Writer and motivational speaker. Nick was born without arms and legs, but had parents who were courageous enough to raise their disabled child normally.

At the age of 13, Nick’s mother showed him an article about a severely disabled man who struggled to rise above his disabilities to help others. This was Nick's turning point. “It was so inspirational to me that I decided to use my life to encourage other people and give them the courage that the article had given me,” Nick said. "I decided to be thankful for what I do have, not get angry about what I don’t. I looked at myself in the mirror and said: ‘You know what? The world is right – I have no arms or legs. But they’ll never take away the beauty of my eyes.’ I wanted to concentrate on something good that I had.”

Parents have a great role to play in the lives of their children irrespective of the circumstances they find themselves. A child may sometimes come with challenges, but what are you willing to give to make a difference in that child's life. Every Parent has the great responsibility of nurturing, encouraging, inspiring, challenging and loving their children. They have to be present in the lives of their children and be good role models. What these children will eventually become has a lot to do with the seeds we deposit in them.

Today Nick is inspiring the world with the great deposits of hope, resilience and courage impacted into him by his parents. He recently shared on his facebook page: A BIG shout out to my parents! From my childhood to where I am now, my parents have been the pillars of strength for me. I can't wait for the release of my Dad's book, “Raising the Perfectly Imperfect Child,” out this Father’s Day! Kudos to you Nick and God bless your wonderful parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment