Affordable Ad Rates

Affordable Ad Rates
Email ufoma2toyin@gmail.com

Sunday, 20 December 2015

Who Inspires YOU - Malala Yousafzai

Who Inspires You? A person, a Place, a book, an event or maybe your own life and achievements are a great source of inspiration to you. Fell free to share with us. I am still sharing with you who inspires me. Next on my list is Pakistani teenager Malala Yousafzai. She Inspires me.

Malala Yousafzai is the Pakistani teenager who was shot by the Taliban for her vocal stance on the importance of educating the girl child. She not only survived but has kept her commitment to campaigning for the rights of girls to receive an education and also went on to win a Nobel peace prize. She is the youngest Nobel Prize winner.

Her words while receiving her Nobel prize,  "I had two options," she said of her life after being shot in the head by the Taliban more than two years ago. "One was to remain silent and wait to be killed. And the second was to speak up and then be killed. I chose the second one. I decided to speak up." Read full speech here.

The person Malala inspires me, her words also inspire me. Her courage and vision as a young person is quite inspiring. You look at her and know that hope is not lost for many young people out there without a sense of purpose.

She is young, focused and a great source of inspiration. Something she said during her interview with CNN's Christiane Amanpour in October, 2013 stuck with me, She said ,“They can only shoot a body, but they cannot shoot my dreams.” What a powerful statement from such a young girl. She inspires me and will continue to inspire many around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment