Affordable Ad Rates

Affordable Ad Rates
Email ufoma2toyin@gmail.com

Sunday, 9 November 2014

The Woman Who Spent Her Last Days Advocating For The Right To Die

Brittany Maynard, a 29 year old terminally ill woman recently made headlines for advocating for the right to die. She was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer last spring and was given 6 months to live. After weighing her options, she decided to move from her home state of California to Oregon in order to access the state’s right-to-die options.

She chose a process, authorized under the Oregon Death With Dignity Act, in which a physician supplies life-ending medication. Maynard followed through with her decision to take her life, she passed away in the presence of her family on November 1. May her soul rest in peace and may God comfort her husband and family.

Maynard posted a final farewell on Facebook. "Goodbye to all my dear friends and family that I love," she wrote. "Today is the day I have chosen to pass away with dignity in the face of my terminal illness, this terrible brain cancer that has taken so much from me...but would have taken so much more. The world is a beautiful place, travel has been my greatest teacher, my close friends and folks are the greatest givers. I even have a ring of support around my bed as I type.... Goodbye world. Spread good energy. Pay it forward!"
Maynard had earlier on used social media to update family, friends and fans on her condition. She also explained in a recent post her reasons for going public with her situation. "I didn't launch this campaign because I wanted attention; in fact, it's hard for me to process it all. I did this because I want to see a world where everyone has access to death with dignity, as I have had. My journey is easier because of this choice," she wrote.



No comments:

Post a Comment