Affordable Ad Rates

Affordable Ad Rates
Email ufoma2toyin@gmail.com

Saturday, 25 October 2014

The Woman Who Makes a Living From Her Hands

Meet Ashly Covington, 37 year old who makes a living leasing out her hands. For a very uncommon career choice, this young woman has successfully built a very lucrative career spanning 14 years by just modelling her hands. She has posed as the hands of Adriana Lima, Brooke Shields and Charlize Theron, for clients including Dior, Maybelline, Rolex and Sephora. Her hands have also appeared in countless major print campaigns editorials and TV commercials.

Miss Covington's hands were first discovered while working as a waitress, 'An agent flipped over them,' she recalls. 'She insisted I stop biting my nails and then took me for my very first manicure.'
Soon, she was building a strong portfolio of 'hand jobs' as she fondly refers to them, and before she knew it, it was her full-time profession. She reveals that she spent many of her earlier years sitting in front of a mirror and practising positions.  'You have to have steady hands, and you have to be able to repeat small motions over and over with perfect precision.'  She also attributes a lot of her success to patience, practice and the speed with which she can get the shot perfect.

'One job I did for Miller Lite required me to push six beer bottles across the table and have them spin so the label stopped in front of the camera,' she says. It seems like an easy job, Until you try it  'My body was out of the shot and the set-up meant I couldn't even see my hands. But I practiced it enough times before the shoot that day, incredibly, I nailed it on the first take.'




She shields her asset (Hands) by wearing gloves and avoiding - at all costs - breaking a nail, moisturizing is key in keeping her hands camera-ready. Finally, she works out and keeps her arms fit.
'It’s very important so that I can hold products with my arm outstretched - think Warrior Pose for hours on end - without shaking or showing signs of strain,' she says. 'My wrists must be veinless!' Ms Covington is also a professional photographer.







Source - MailOnline

No comments:

Post a Comment