Affordable Ad Rates

Affordable Ad Rates
Email ufoma2toyin@gmail.com

Sunday, 26 October 2014

Meet UNILORIN's Pioneer First Class Law Graduate

Meet Kazeem Abiodun, University of Ilorin's pioneer 1st class graduate from the Faculty of Law, He was also the overall best graduating student in the 2012/2013 academic session with a 4.67 CGPA. He attributes his success to God, determination and hard work. Read excerpts from his Punch interview below:

How easy was it to graduate with a first class?
It was not easy. Nothing great ever is. But strong determination keeps one going and hard work pays. My plan was to graduate with first class but I did not know I would be the overall best in my set. I thank God I had something greater than my own plan.

Some people would think you did certain things differently from others to achieve it?
Well, I have always had the zeal to learn. I read for only two to three hours daily and I engaged in research and activities-driven learning. For me, strong determination is the key thing to achieving anything. That is all. The rest was God’s grace and favour.

Did you have any difficulty in securing admission into the university?

Yes. I applied to many institutions and travelled up and down. I had to wait for 2 years but I never allowed the waiting period to be in vain, so I chose to be a litigation clerk rather than sleeping at home, and that helped me to cope and probably emerge the best. When I got to school, I joined moot court and debate team. We had to research in order to attend moot court and debate competitions both at national and international levels. Later, I was appointed as a Judge in the Students’ Union Council and I rose to the rank of Chief Justice of the Union before I left.


When did you start leading your class?I led my class throughout my primary school and I was among the best three in my class in secondary school. Then, the teachers tried to create different platforms such as debate society, press club, drama club, sport club, etc. I joined most of the clubs and the experience was fascinating and helpful. I passed my West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination and University Matriculation Examination (now UTME) once but I could not gain admission. So, I sat for UME again and still passed excellently. In the university, I was the second best in my 100L but I started leading the class in 200L second semester.

What about your happiest moment?

The convocation ceremony, particularly the moment when I was called to mount the stage for the prize. I was overwhelmed by happiness. I had only seen something similar to that in movies. I wasn't too surprised though because leading the class since 200L had always been a green light for me.

What would you advise students, both the incoming and those already in school, to do to have an excellent result?
They should read consistently. They should do research. Activities and robust interaction also help to widen one’s horizon. I believe that whenever we invest maximum effort with prayers, we never can fail – it is either we succeed or gain experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment