Affordable Ad Rates

Affordable Ad Rates
Email ufoma2toyin@gmail.com

Monday, 22 September 2014

Nigerian Blogger Laila Ijeoma On Being Able to Combine Blogging, Motherhood and a Banking Career

Meet Laila Ijeoma, one Nigerian blogger who has been able to successfully carve a niche for herself. She is a Chemical Engineering graduate from the Federal University of Technology, Owerri. She is a blogger, banker and mother of 3 boys. Her " Laila’s Blog Most Fashionable Reader of the Week” and “Laila’s Blog Finest Face Faceoff” have continued to endear many followers to her.

For me what is really amazing is the fact that she has been able to build a successful blog, while working as a banker, which is a very demanding career, and is also a mother to 3 boys. It takes a lot of courage, determination and perseverance. So inspiring!!!! Thumbs up to her. Read excerpts from a recent interview she did on her she has been able to combine these 3 roles below:

You are a banker, mother and blogger who regularly update her blog, how do you combine all these roles?
www.lailasblog.com delivers all the latest Nigerian breaking news. How do I do it? Passion, time management and God. Passion; because I enjoy what I do so much that I don’t even see blogging as work at all. I have a routine that comfortably accommodates all my responsibilities. It gets crazy at times but God has been so faithful.


Your blog is one of the top 100 blogs in Nigeria, how were you able to achieve this feat in less than 2 years?
To be a top blogger, you must be a doer. I blog everyday, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. You have to do that to succeed. I also have the most awesome readers ever. These guys actually go out there and introduce their friends and family, everybody to my blog. They have my backing. Then my content.  The real truth about blogging is that it is a brutal place. Lions kill for food, in the blog world, you will meet people whose goal is to kill you mentally for sport, especially if you are doing so well. You can’t let them win. To be a top blogger, you are not allowed to give up.

How rewarding will you say blogging is?

Owning a top blog is the best thing that can happen to a blogger. The rewards will blow your mind! The monetary gains are already obvious. You get lots of free stuffs. People just call you up. They want to advertise with you and they are handing out their products and services to you for free. But here is the best reward - You are recognised as a voice that can start a change. You are respected. People want to read what you have to say about a situation. Readers are addicted to your blog that they wake up in the morning and can’t wait to read what is on Laila’s Blog today. You get to work comfortably from home. As a blogger, what more can you ask for?

What motivates you as an individual?

Desire to do all I can to inspire someone. To make them see beyond the difficulties they are currently facing and dare to dream big. My readers are part of my extended family. That’s how I see them. Passion to see them and more people around me conquer their problems and succeed are what drives me.

Advice for the youth
The life of a top blogger is awesome! There is a formula you can follow to become a blogger but you must be brutally honest with yourself. You must know what your true motive is. What value do you have to give to your readers? Getting rich as a top blogger in your niche is tough and you will have to be mentally tough too. Take action everyday and stay focused for the long haul. Remember, “The harder you work, the luckier you get.”

Can you tell us childhood experiences that shaped who you are today?
I grew up with a dad that gave me motivational/self help books to read on a weekly/monthly basis. So, even before my 20th birthday, I already knew my life’s purpose and had made goals for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment