Affordable Ad Rates

Affordable Ad Rates
Email ufoma2toyin@gmail.com

Monday, 29 September 2014

This CEO Quit His $100 Million Job To Spend More Time With His Daughter

As a parent there are some moments you miss in your child's life that can never be recaptured. It simply passes and can never be gotten back. Choose to make out that time to create special memories with them. They are special.

Former PIMCO CEO Mohamed El-Erian quit his $100 million job in January after his daughter made him a list of all the milestones he had missed in her life. The 22-point list written by his 10-year-old daughter was all it took to change his focus and priorities. 

All of this came about when he asked his child why she wasn't listening to him when he asked her to brush her teeth, she handed him a list of those things he had missed in her life because of work. El-Erian writes. “I felt awful and got defensive: I had a good excuse for each missed event! Travel, important meetings, an urgent phone call, sudden to-dos… But it dawned on me that I was missing an infinitely more important point.”

Since resigning, El-Erian now manages “a portfolio of part time jobs” that provides more flexibility.
“I now alternate with my wife in waking up our daughter every morning, preparing her breakfast and driving her to school,” he said. “I’m also around much more often to pick her up after school and take her to activities. She and I are doing a lot of wonderful talking and sharing. We’ve even planned a holiday together, just the two of us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment