Affordable Ad Rates

Affordable Ad Rates
Email ufoma2toyin@gmail.com

Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Blind Teenage Piano Prodigy From Hawaii - I See No Limits in My Life

Meet Kuha’o Case, the 17 year old piano prodigy from Hawaii. He was born 2 months premature, and had to undergo a necessary operation as an infant, his life was saved but he lost his vision.  Kuha began teaching himself to play the piano, when he was 12 and the organ, which he confesses is his true passion, at the age of 13. He was first introduced to the keyboard at school. Kuha’o recalls: ‘The first time, my fingers touched the keyboard, I felt overjoyed. It completely changed my world and my entire life.” Music had entered his life.

He then received a keyboard as a gift from a friend. His family quickly realized his special gift, as they witnessed him create melodies and harmonies without any training. Wishing to support his talent, his grandparents purchased a piano, which Kuha’o could only practice on during the weekends, when his parents took him to visit them. It was only in the summer of 2012 that he got his own piano, through the help of a Kick starter campaign, where he managed to raise over $30,000, part of which he used to release his first album, ‘Dare to Dream.’

Kuha’o chooses to see no limits and has the courage to decide that he can do things that others might think impossible. Apart from self-teaching himself to play the piano and organ, Kuha’o has also learned to drive with the guidance of his grandfather and to horseback ride. During his TedTalk, Kuha’o beautifully stated: “In my life, I see no limits. You might want to laugh at that statement, because, in reality, I see nothing at all. So, of course, I see no limits. But let me further explain. I am not trying to say that one day, I decided to rise above the challenges that had been set for me. No. What I am saying is that, because I am not able to visually see the world around me, I do not understand boundaries and limitations in the same way as the rest of you, through sight, do. It seems to me, that, in very significant ways, having your sight, might be more limiting than being blind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment