Affordable Ad Rates

Affordable Ad Rates
Email ufoma2toyin@gmail.com

Friday, 9 May 2014

What my Father Said to Me Before He Died - Charly Boy

A one-time Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, Justice Chukwudifu Oputa passed away last Sunday at the National Hospital in Abuja, and his son Charles Oputa popularly known as Charly Boy has shared the last words his father spoke to him. There was a time the relationship between both of them was strained but they were able to reconcile their differences and became very close during the last few years. Read what his father said to him below:

Did your father tell you anything before he passed on?
He was just trying to tell me something about 2 hours before he passed on. I went to visit him in the hospital where he was on admission because for some days he wasn’t eating very well. I insisted to feed him that morning, and I pleaded that he should corporate with me. It was then he said, he wanted to apologise to me. Apologise for what! I queried him? He replied me saying, given the nature of his sickness, and its complication, he’s sorry for everything. 

But when I cautioned him, he said, since he was apologising, and since I wouldn't accept it, that I would have to get an appeal. It was like a joke between father and son. Later, I told him, I was going to take my bath upstairs. And within 2 hours while I was away, he gave up the ghost. That was how it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment