Affordable Ad Rates

Affordable Ad Rates
Email ufoma2toyin@gmail.com

Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Pastor’s Daughter Who Converted to Islam Set to Marry

Aishat (Charity) Uzoechina, the 26-year-old daughter of Pastor Raymond Uzoechina, came into the limelight last year after she voluntarily converted to Islam. Her action angered her family and sparked a religious controversy in the country. Following her conversion, she dropped her first name Charity and adopted Aishat in its place.

The news now is that Miss Uzoechina is set to marry. The Executive Director of Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, Ishaq Akintola, whose organization has kept tab on her, said Miss Uzoechina is set to get married on May 2nd, 2014 to the lawyer, Barrister Tijani who handled her case after her conversion to Islam became controversial.

Miss Uzoechina was quoted at the time as saying her conversion to Islam was “strictly personal, gradual and well thought-out. I joined Islam purely on my own terms. I love the character of Muslims that I have related with, particularly the way they behave. You know Muslims believe in God, I have Muslim friends and I watched what they do, that enticed me to join Islam.”

1 comment: